AU in Krakow

6 American University students, 1 coordinator, and 1 professor--in Poland. This should get interesting.

Friday, July 02, 2004

First impressions

No offense to the fine people living here, but I have to say that my first impression of Krakow involves dirt. The whole place is somewhat dingy -- lots of industrial soot all over the place, buildings that are kind of run down (once you get away from the tourist-y areas that have been all prettied up), streets that are not in great shape…I suppose that this I what happens when you live under a Communist dictatorship for decades and are only just starting to re-emerge. But it's still kind of dingy in much of the city.

Went for a run this morning; lots of staring from the local people. I guess that jogging isn't that popular around here.

[Posted with ecto]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home